The best markets
Most markets are in the morning. Be there early for the most choice.
The kilometres behind the town are the distance from Lucenay L’Évêque.
Beaune (60 km)
In this wine town, a particularly lively market is held every Saturday morning. Fresh fish, roasted hams, smoked salmon, morels and cèpes (mushrooms), avocados, hard sausages, cheeses and herbs are picked up in high mountains.
There are many nice terraces for a good glass of wine.
Chagny (52 km)
A very nice and lively market on Sunday morning from 08.00 – 13.00 hrs. At least 500 stalls with nylons and sardines, buttons and breads, homemade pâtés and roasted nuts. Here you’ll find Suus and Paula, who specialise in farm cheeses from the Netherlands, with their cheese shop.
Dijon (84 km)
The food market in Les Halles de Dijon can be visited every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday until around 12:30pm. On Tuesdays and Fridays mornings there are also stalls with clothing and antiques around the halls. After shopping you can eat in one of the dozens of restaurants around the antique market building.
Autun (17 km)
A market is held here twice a week. A small performance on Wednesday morning. On Friday mornings you can visit the large version of the same market, which is then extended to include clothes sellers on the square in front of the town hall and a large plant and flower market behind the car park. Here, too, nice terraces.
Avallon (64 km)
Every Saturday morning until 12 noon. Especially in summer, there is a very lively and busy market here, which takes place both outside and inside the covered market halls. Those who prefer to speak only French, however, should do their shopping elsewhere, as the market has become a popular meeting place for Dutch-speakers from the surrounding area.
And beyond that:
- Marcigny (106 km) on Monday morning
- Gueugnon (66 km) on Thursday morning
- Cluny (99 km) on Saturday morning
- Chablis ( 99 km) on Sunday morning
- Tonnerre (105 km) on Wednesday and Saturday mornings
- Luzy (49 km) on Friday morning
- Moulins-Engilbert ( 54 km) on Tuesday morning, every first Tuesday of the month the largest and also cattle market.
- Corbigny (63 km) on Friday morning. Every Monday morning cattle market
- Chateau Chinon (39 km) on Saturday mornings and an extra large market every 2nd Monday morning of the month.
- Nevers (104 km) every Saturday morning except the 1st Saturday morning of the month.
- Fours (70 km) every 1st Saturday morning of the month
- Chenove (84 km) every Sunday morning
- Montbard (71 km) every Friday morning a large indoor and outdoor market
- Saulieu (24 km) every Thursday and Saturday morning